Navigation

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chick-fil-A

Where: Chick-fil-A, 28 South State, Salt Lake City (multiple locations, including American Fork) 

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Spicy Chicken Sandwich and Chicken Nuggets

What It Cost: 

What We Thought: $7.38

I've never been to Chick-fil-A, but it seems to be one of those Utah favorites (like Cafe Rio) that everyone seems to love but no one seems to be able to explain. "Their nuggets are just...so good!!!" I've heard tons of people say, so I needed to find out for myself what all this chicken madness was about. 


Owen was in a spicy mood, so he went for the spicy chicken sandwich. We originally tried their food at the food court at City Creek center, so their menu wasn't the most detailed and we didn't have time to ask about all the sandwich specifics. But we definitely weren't expecting to find this inside....


A hunk of fried meat and two sad pickles?? Really? For a sandwich that cost almost $5, I was at least hoping for a little frill of lettuce and tomatoes, maybe some sauce? Nope. This sandwich was as dry as a Utah winter, and was certainly no better (and much less interesting) than a spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's. We could have paid more and upgraded for a more well-rounded sandwich apparently, but I didn't feel like nearly doubling the price of my sandwich for what I already expected to come.


Chick-fil-A is known for their special sauces, so of course we had to try them all. We got the buffalo sauce, honey mustard, barbecue sauce, and house special sauce. The first three were all about what you'd expect, nothing too special. And I'm pretty sure the house sauce is just honey mustard sauce mixed with mayonnaise or something to make it creamier. It was good, but would I ever go there just for the sauce? No.


Behold, the famed and beloved chicken nuggets. There are probably hundreds of copycat recipes on Pinterest for this, with ingredients ranging from pickle juice to paprika, so I figured they were kind of a big deal. And while they were certainly more tender and flavorful than your typical take-out chicken nuggets, they just didn't do it for me!

What You Should Do: Chick-fil-A seems to have a really popular following out there, so I'm probably going to be hated for this, but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way for this. To me, their food wasn't much better than any other more-accessible fast food joint, and it was much more overpriced for the sad food we received! Maybe I just need to eat there more often to get the Chick-fil-A craze, but I think I'll save my money and time.
Read other reviews here: 
Chick-fil-A (American Fork) on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I agree. I always get excited to eat at Chick fil A, but it is ALWAYS disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No waffle fries? Or Polynesian sauce? You missed my two favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick-fil-a is not a Utah thing, it is very much a Southern thing. That is what it is known for, just pickles on the sandwich! Probably 75% of people that eat there don't get anything on it, it's just what Chick-fil-a is known for... and you missed the waffle fries. the BEST part!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever had their shakes. And the chocolate oreo shake is super yummy. Those nuggets sure look more appetizing than other fast food places. But it's good to know I'm not missing out on something!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...