Navigation

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pantrucas

Where: Pantrucas Chilean Restaurant, 3161 N Canyon Road, Provo

Who Went: Chelsey, Owen, Anthony & Kierea

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Churrasco Palta, Barros Luco, Ave Palta, Completo Italiano, Cheese Empanada,  2 Peach Juices and a Mango Juice. 

What It Cost: $26.00 for two people 

What We Thought: 

In the mood for something unique, flavorful, and local? Pantrucas is a delicious little family-owned and operated treat hidden up on Canyon Road that serves Chilean fare. They have been on my to-visit list for a long time now, and when I set up a double date with one of my friends who served his mission in Chile, I knew we had to go here so I could get a real opinion on its authenticity!


We started out with three juices - two peach and one mango. Though a little on the pricey side, they definitely do not skimp out on the juice with these huge carafes filled with fresh-squeezed flavor! Definitely some of the best juices I've ever had at a restaurant, and I can only imagine how delicious and refreshing these would taste on a hot summer day! Definitely will have to come here mid-August!


My favorite sandwich was actually the one Owen ordered - the Barros Luco sandwich. It is essentially a steak and cheese sandwich, served on their homemade crunchy bread. The homemade bread is outstanding - very fresh and toasted to a fun crispness, and I really loved the marinated, flavorful, tender steak inside. They went a little crazy with the cheese, which made me love it even more! So comforting and soooo good!


Anthony ordered the Completo Italiano, which was essentially a loaded hot dog. I had no idea that hot dogs would be considered Chilean food, but Anthony said that food carts sell hot dogs just like this all over the place! The hot dog was enormous, and had plenty of tomatoes, onions, and other toppings that all looked fresh and wonderful.


The Ave Palta and Churrasco Palta sandwiches were essentially the same - the former with chicken and the latter with steak - and they were equally tasty. Served on the same bread as the above steak sandwich, these were absolutely loaded with fresh, ripe avocado, smashed and spread into a thick layer. Then the same delicious marinated meat, topped with hefty slices of thick tomatoes and herbs. So simple, but so amazing. This is another one that I bet would be absolutely divine in the summer, and it is definitely worth it.

What You Should Do: Pantrucas is definitely one of those special Provo places you should add to your list. They are very different, very delicious, and very authentic according to my friend! You may not have known what Chilean food is like, but Pantrucas can give you a fun cultural dining experience with plenty of choices to satisfy all palates.
Pantrucas Chilean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy Pantrucas. Subscribing to their e-mails or liking them on FaceBook gets you some really good discounts. I just wish they had a bigger restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is one of our favorite places. Always great. Glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went here for a work lunch today because of your review Chelsea and Pantrucas knocked it out of the park! I had the Barros Luco sandwich and it has to be one of the best sandwiches I've head in a long time. Thanks a ton for the review, I'm so glad I've found a great new place in Provo. I'm taking my wife here tomorrow as we need a new date night restaurant. My favorite part about this restaurant is the wife of the couple who owns the place. One of the most hospitable people I've ever met. Thanks again for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I do have to warn you though -- sometimes they have weird hours (closing early some weekends), so it probably doesn't hurt to give them a call first to make sure they are open :)

      Delete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...