Navigation

Friday, October 24, 2014

HIRES BIG H

Where: Hires Big H, 427 S 700 E, Salt Lake City

Who Went: Owen and Chelsey

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Fish & Chips, Blue Cheese Burger, and Raspberry Milkshake

What It Cost: $24.90

What We Thought: 

An old, classic Utah establishment with retro decor, friendly service, and seriously good food. 


Also, can I just say this is like one of the least expensive halibut fish & chips I've seen in Utah?? And it's totally a good value because the fish was excellent (moist and not too fishy), the tartar sauce was the bomb (as tartar sauce usually is), and the fries were top notch. Fish & chips can easily go down the "way too greasy" road, but this managed to be just right. YUM!


The burger had all of the components of a classic, old-school burger (fresh, local bun, great tasting patty, etc.) but was pumped up with the blue cheese and bacon. I was stoked that they used gorgonzola, which gives a great mild blue cheese flavor without overpowering everything. The bacon was thick and crispy, and altogether, it was just a great burger.


And this milkshake was just one of the best I've ever had. Fresh raspberry, but without any annoying frozen berry chunks. It was the perfect consistency (not so thick that it's basically ice cream, but not soupy), and seriously the best end to our meal. Although, let's be honest, it was the first thing we tasted...

What You Should Do: I was totally surprised with the mixed reviews with this place -- we had such a great experience! The owner personally greeted us as we came in, rang out our check, and thanked us sincerely for coming. The food came quickly and tasted great. We will definitely be coming here again!
Read other reviews here: 
Hires Big H on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. We used to go to Hires Big H a lot for their burgers when they were in Provo. We were so bummed when it closed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to express thanks to you just for rescuing me from such a circumstance. Because of exploring through the online world and meeting recommendations which were not helpful, I figured my life was done. Being alive devoid of the strategies to the issues you have solved all through the write-up is a serious case, and ones which might have adversely affected my career if I hadn’t discovered your web blog. Your primary ability and kindness in handling every aspect was very useful. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I had not come upon such a step like this. I am able to at this time look forward to my future. Thank you so much for this skilled and amazing help. I won’t hesitate to recommend your web sites to any person who desires support about this subject matter.
    If you want to learn more about https://theelectricblender.com/best-food-chopper/, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...