Navigation

Friday, December 5, 2014

CHIPOTLE

Where: Chipotle, 1011 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City

Who Went: Chelsey, Kierea, and Hallie

Number of Visits: 5

What We Ordered: Chicken Salad, Sofritas Salad with Guacamole, Carnitas Salad (three girls, three salads. I know.)

What It Cost: $7.60 (for one person)

What We Thought: 

Of all restaurants that Provo is lacking, Chipotle is the one I hear brought up the most. Like, seriously. Why isn't there a Chipotle in Provo? (it has something to do with liquor licenses, parking, blah blah excuses! #chipotleinprovo) Alas, there isn't one yet, so I'm going to give you the lowdown so you can determine if it is worth the approximately 35-minute drive to the nearest one.

In short, yes.


Chipotle is a nice mix of organic and Fresh Mex tastes, that are pretty dang good, despite them being a chain. They aim to provide the most fresh and flavorful ingredients, which come together in a couple great options -- burrito, bowl, salad, or tacos, all with the same meat options. They have chicken (my favorite, a little spicy, and totally great), barbacoa (Owen's favorite), carnitas (Hallie's favorite), sofritas (seasoned tofu - Kierea's favorite), steak (Tim's favorite), and veggies (no one's favorite. Just kidding. It's actually quite good also). The rest of the line-up seems kind of similar to our fave Mex chain, Cafe Rio -- cilantro lime rice, black or pinto beans, four types of salsa (including a corn salsa, which I really like!), cheese, sour cream, romaine lettuce, cilantro. It's a similar assembly-line set-up as well, which is always great because you can customize your plate as they are making it. I tried the spiciest salsa this time for the first time, and thought it was great - left my mouth with a little bit of the burn! We've had the burritos, probably their most famous item, and found them to be excellent and more than filling. I was glad that the salads and everything actually is all the same cost - I hate it when I order a salad, and it's more expensive, so I feel double cheated...


The guacamole is an extra $1.95, which I thought was a little lame-o, but after seeing Kierea's salad, I do have to admit that a) it looks really good and b) at least they give you a LOT. A LOTTA GUAC. Which is how guacamole always should be.

What You Should Do: Join a group like this one. Tweet the mayor. Come on people. We are a group of highly motivated, hungry students, and we need a Chipotle. Sadly, they don't franchise, or else I would have already opened one up here myself. Chipotle isn't the best Mexican food you'll have in Utah Valley, but its a delicious option when you're in the mood for a quick, healthy, and scrumptious meal.
Read other reviews here: 
Chipotle Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Rejoice - they are opening a Chipotle in the University Mall! No opening date announced yet (that I know of). Not Provo, but a heck of a lot closer than Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Chipotle. And there's one like ten minutes from us now, so Austin has no excuses anymore! My favorite is a chicken fajita-style burrito with brown rice and black beans, half a scoop of their hot salsa, a full scoop of their pico, and the sour cream and cheese. And I think that makes it pretty clear how often I go...haha. But yeah, I was always a little ticked off about how there wasn't a Chipotle in Provo. They'd make bank off students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to mention I am just very new to blogging and actually enjoyed your web page. Almost certainly I’m want to bookmark your site . You definitely have awesome articles. Appreciate it for revealing your website.
    If you want to learn more about Best Hand Blender, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to express thanks to you just for rescuing me from such a circumstance. Because of exploring through the online world and meeting recommendations which were not helpful, I figured my life was done. Being alive devoid of the strategies to the issues you have solved all through the write-up is a serious case, and ones which might have adversely affected my career if I hadn’t discovered your web blog. Your primary ability and kindness in handling every aspect was very useful. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I had not come upon such a step like this. I am able to at this time look forward to my future. Thank you so much for this skilled and amazing help. I won’t hesitate to recommend your web sites to any person who desires support about this subject matter.
    If you want to learn more about The Electric Blender, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...