Navigation

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Caputo's Deli

Where: Caputo's Market & Deli, 314 W Broadway, Salt Lake City

Who Went: Chelsey, Devynne, Mom, Grandma, Aunt Mary & her 4 kids

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: The Caputo Sandwich, The Meatball Sandwich, Side Green Salad, Side Greek Salad, Cannoli, Soda

What It Cost: ~$17 for 2 people

What We Thought:


Since last week was graduation, my mother and grandmother flew in from Washington to come and stay with us for the week. Seeing as people now think that I know something about restaurants around here, they put me in charge of coordinating all of the meals for their stay. My aunt picked them up at the airport and I decided that we should all go to Caputo's Deli for lunch.


What a lucky pick! They had a great casual atmosphere that was perfect for the kids to wander around and for everyone to be relaxed, a fun atmosphere, and plenty of sandwiches to fit everyone's picky tastes. We weren't super hungry, so we all decided to split the sandwiches, which was a good idea - they are enormous! My grandma and I split The Caputo (decided to go with the restaurant's namesake dish), which had tender prosciutto, mortadella, salami, provolone, lettuce, tomato, and balsamic vinegar. The mix of meats was good, but my real favorite part of the sandwich was the bread. With every crisp bite, I inhaled a wonderful aroma of freshly baked bread. I loved the balsamic vinegar soaked into the bread, and kept wondering, "Why haven't I thought of this?"


My grandma also got the Greek salad on the side, and she loved the tangy dressing and feta cheese mixed in. A great light and refreshing side if you are having a heavier sandwich.


We shared a cannoli, which mind you, is not an easy thing to do - I completely smashed it when trying to break it in half. But it still tasted great, and we loved the rich but not too sweet marscapone filling and cookie crust that had just a hint of almond.


My mom and sister shared the meatball sandwich, which was actually a little disappointing for me. The marinara sauce was spot-on perfection, but the meatballs were not as great awesome as I was hoping for. They were a little bland, but the sandwich was definitely a good pick if you are looking for a modestly priced lunch that will fill you to the brim.



And here's the green salad. It looks like a green salad and pretty much tasted like one. Good mix of greens, nothing too spectacular though.

Before my family arrived, I really enjoyed browsing the market portion of Caputo's and seeing all of the different artisan food products. I was surprised at the range and quality of products available in Salt Lake, and will definitely be visiting the market area again for some balsamic vinegar and CHOCOLATE and CHEESE. They have a great selection of cheeses that are actually pretty decently priced! Yes please.

What You Should Do: If you're in the mood for some quality food product shopping and want to grab a fresh Italian lunch on the way, Caputo's is the place for you! They are a local establishment that has been in Salt Lake since 1997 that provides a wide range of delicious specialty food, and is a great place to have a casual sandwich . Their service is fast, friendly, and the bread is heavenly. Check it out.

Read other reviews here:
Caputo's Market & Deli on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good time. From our family to yours, GRAZIE!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...