Navigation

Friday, April 13, 2012

Legends Grille

Where: Legends Grille, 106 SAB, BYU Campus, Provo

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen, plus Chelsey & a lot of people freshman year

Number of Visits: Too many to count

What We Ordered: BBQ Chicken Pizza, Hawaiian Burger, Giant Cookie

What It Cost: $17.54


What We Thought:



Being the avid volleyball fans that we were my freshman year, my friends and I would always stop by Legend's Grille before the game to get some food with our super awesome meal plan (man, I really miss those days sometimes...) In addition to having a relief from the Cannon Center that was pretty close, Legends Grille also offered free pizza delivery to the dorms, which made you feel like you were having that super cool dorm-room pizza experience, but the pizza was actually good (is that an experience I just made up in my mind?) Of course, they could only have boys deliver the pizza during visiting hours, but you know how it is...Anyway, I've always had a special place in my heart for Legends Grille (a great place for spotting hot football/basketball/rugby players after practice too), and decided to go back there and see if all my taste buds had been skewed freshman year, or if they were really as good as I had remembered.




We started out with one of my traditional favorites - the gigantic chocolate chip cookie. Most BYU food service places are notorious for slow service, so we always get the dessert first, ask for it to be warmed up, and then snack on this deliciously huge cookie while waiting for our dishes. Despite its large size, somehow these cookies are always cooked just right - a little soft and doughy in the middle, and just crispy enough on the outside. I love them. Definitely my favorite cookie in Utah County.


As I have mentioned before, BYU actually does a pretty decent job with their burgers. My favorite is the Hawaiian one, which comes with a thick slice of ham and pineapple. The pineapple isn't as great as the kind they had at JCW's, but the amazing sweet and spicy sauce they add makes up for it. I love that sauce. Lucky for me, they also have bottles of it on the table, and I usually add at least 4 more squirts for good measure. And eat fries with it. And want to secretly sneak it out with me, but never do because well, we're on BYU campus. I got my burger with a side of fruit, but they have lots of other options that are all delicious, like mac & cheese, fries, a green salad, and more.


Here's the burger with all the toppings added. Good luck trying to hold all that together! I usually make a huge mess, but it is so worth it.



The pizza is also delicious, and super filling. Plenty of chicken and huge chunks of pineapple, with a savory sweet barbecue sauce, all baked to perfection in their little pizza hearth. I don't really know what else to say about this pizza besides hey, it's pretty dang good. And you should try it.

What You Should Do: Go here, especially if you're a lucky little freshman with a meal plan! Take advantage of it! And even if you're not, the prices aren't too high for a date night out - our meal was under $20 and we ended up taking half the pizza home. Not bad! And feel the BYU spirit with all the fun sports decor and fieldhouse across the street. But if you're in a hurry, you can call ahead of time to place your order because they do take between 10-20 minutes to get you your food...on a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...