Navigation

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Green Panda Cafe

Where: Green Panda Cafe, 3220 N University Avenue, Provo

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Peach Boba Smoothie & Passion Fruit Boba Smoothie

What It Cost: $8.08

What We Thought:


Okay, so we didn't get a full meal here, but I really wanted to share with you about this place! If you're from the PNW like me, you know that bubble tea is a HUGE deal over on the West Coast. For a while, bubble tea was as ubiquitous over there as frozen yogurt is here in Provo. I'm not the biggest tea person, so I would usually go for a bubble (or boba) smoothie instead, and I fell in love with the fun experience of drinking a delicious smoothie with fun little balls of tapioca that get slurped through a giant straw. When I drove by Green Panda and saw their giant sign outside advertising boba smoothies, I was so excited that a place nearby is selling one of my favorite treats! If you know of any other places nearby that sell boba smoothies, please let me know. But so far, this has been the only place that I've found that makes these tasty beverages, and they do a fantastic job.


Their smoothies are light and refreshing on a hot day (which we seem to have had plenty of lately), and are HUGE! Next time I definitely think that Owen and I will share one. They have an awesome range of flavors, including lychee, honeydew, green apple, mango, peach, passion fruit, strawberry, and more. I loved the peach flavor of my smoothie - it actually tasted like the real fruit, rather than a mix of artificial flavorings. And the bobas (chewy tapioca balls) are fantastic - great texture and they really give you quite a few in your drink. Some bubble tea places I've been to in Washington give you like five bobas in your smoothie, but Green Panda puts in just the right amount.

What You Should Do: Check them out! If you've never had a boba smoothie before, then you are in for a real fun and unique dessert experience. Some people think that they are too weird, but I love them!  Definitely a nice change of pace from getting frozen yogurt all the time... Green Panda does a great job with them. Though it may not look like much from the outside, Green Panda Cafe has an adorable panda-themed interior, friendly staff, and fabulous smoothies. We will definitely be heading back there to try the other food on their menu soon! 

Read other reviews here:
Green Panda Cafe on Urbanspoon


6 comments:

  1. The restaurant, Shoots in Provo sells them. They're quite delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They frequently sell them at the Farmer's Market and at Tokyo Sweets in the food court at Provo Towne Center. I think they also sell them at eCafe in Orem (if that's still open).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know - thanks for the other place suggestions, I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food at Green Panda is amazing too. Very high quality, especially for the price! Everything is made from scratch. The first time I tried it, I went back 2 days later for more it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the food at Green Panda! I also like the atmosphere there. Very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kung pao chicken is great. Their pot stickers are awesdiggity.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...