Navigation

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Terra Mia

Where: Terra Mia, 1050 S 750 E, Orem (across from the theater at University Mall)

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen, Chelsey & Family

Number of Visits: 6

What We Ordered: Many kinds of pizza - on this visit we had the Terra Mia & Mamma Mia pizzas

What It Cost: $26.37

What We Thought:


When Owen's former Italian roommate told us that Terra Mia had the most authentic Italian pizza he had ever had here in Utah, we knew we had to try it. Since our very first experience at Terra Mia, we have always looked forward to coming here and enjoying their fresh, light, and amazingly delicious pizza. I've never been to Italy, so I can't vouch for his roommate's claim, but I do know that we have eaten at Terra Mia many times, and it still proves to be one of our favorite pizza places nearby!



The pizza above is the Mamma Mia pizza - topped with loads of fresh, piquant arugula, shaved parmesan, and thin, savory prosciutto on top of a classic margherita. I love this pizza, with all of its fresh ingredients on top of a fantastic chewy crust. I love the taste that comes from the wood-burning oven and that authentic Neapolitan style!



The Terra Mia namesake pizza is my absolute favorite - loaded with grilled chicken breast, heavenly toasted pine nuts, salty Italian salami, and provolone cheese. I have wonderful dreams about this pizza. I especially love dipping the extra remains of crust in the olive oil and balsami vinegar that accompanies each table - there's nothing better!

What You Should Do: If you haven't tried Terra Mia yet, add it to the top of your list! They have incredible authentic pizza, approved by the Verace Pizza Napoletana Association, and is a real hidden gem here in Utah County. Definitely my favorite pizza here!

  Terra Mia Ristorante on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. I went once and found that our pizza was really runny. Like the tomato sauce was too watery and that made our pizza like soggy doughy in the middle. I just wasnt sure if that was part of the "authentic pizza" was fresh soppy sauce :/ what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any of their pizzas where the sauce is watery, but I do have to admit that they have a much thinner crust than most other pizzas, which makes it less sturdy. I do have to use a fork and knife when eating their pizza, but I still love the flavors. They kind of talk about what makes a Neapolitan pizza authentic on their blog, if you want to check it out! http://terramiaonline.com/blog/

      Delete
  2. Next time try the pesto pizza, you will crave it even after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand their pizza...the crust is soggy in the middle. The flavors are good, but I just can't get past the sogginess. And it's not just that it's thin...some places can do a great thin crust without it being soggy. I love the vegetable lasagna, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terra Mia looks yummy, maybe if there's no pine nuts, it would be yummier to look at! I also love chicken wings, do they also have pizza and wings delivery services?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they have wings, but I know that WingNutz is next door - they aren't really my favorite wings, but they'll do in a pinch!

      Delete
  5. To avoid the sogginess of the pizza, just ask for an extra crispy pizza. In Naples we eat our pizza with knife and fork - it is a different product compared to american pizza. Imagine that a whole pizza Margherita has less calories than one slice of Costco Cheese pizza. Neapolitan pizza is much healthier and in my opinion has a much fresh flavor compared to the american style pizza.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...