Navigation

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Aristo's

Where: Aristo's, 224 S 1300 E, Salt Lake City

Who Went: Chelsey

Number of Visits: 1

What I Ordered: Orzo Pasta Salad & Regular Gyro

What It Cost: $13.73

What I Thought:

Just off the corner of the University of Utah campus, Aristo's provides delicious selections of Greek fare that are infinitely superior to anything you'd find in the Student Union! I meandered over here for a solo lunch one day and was pleasantly surprised with the results.



I ordered a gyro, which could come with a variety of different sides, including this orzo pasta salad. I am so glad I chose it over fries or something - it was amazing! I loved the rich potent flavors, adorable presentation, and it was enough food to be a meal on its own! I've been trying to recreate this at home with little success - my only hope will be to go to Aristo's and order it again and again.


The gyro was simple and superb. It was wrapped in the best, softest, most flavorful and tender pita I've ever partaken of, and the meat was cooked to perfection with just a little mix of onions and fresh tzatziki sauce. My only complaint would be that all of the delicious tzatziki sauce was piled towards the front of the gyro, which would leave the bottom half rather dry if you didn't think to mix it all in before eating it. But if you spread the tzatziki sauce, then you're golden. Definitely the best gyro I've ever had, and I'm definitely going to have to take Owen here someday since he's the biggest gyro-lover I know!

What You Should Do: If you happen to find yourself in enemy territory ;) then you have to give Aristo's a try! They have some lovely indoor and outdoor seating, wonderful service, and amazing Greek food.

Read other reviews here:
Aristo's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...