Navigation

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Moochie's Meatballs & More

Where: Moochie's Meatballs & More, 232 E 800 S, Salt Lake City

Who Went: Chelsey & Brent

What We Ordered: Small Greek Salad, Huckleberry Soda, and Meatball Sub

What It Cost: $11.94

What We Thought:

After hearing so much about this restaurant, from people in my class and from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, I knew it would be a good choice to take my friend, Brent, who was visiting from out of town.


Unfortunately, he was scheduled to play in a soccer game later that day, so he went with a smaller salad. Normally I scoff at salads and would never buy one, but luckily this one proved to be worth it. A true Greek salad with delicious chunks of rich feta cheese, vinegary onions, and plenty of flavorful dill. It was pretty substantial for a small side salad, and was just right for Brent that day.


I decided to order the restaurant's namesake sandwich - if you're going to put meatballs in your title, they better be good! Moochie's is also famous for their creamy jalapeño sauce, and though I didn't know if it would really mesh well with my sandwich, I put it on half the sub, just to try it out! The meatballs indeed were delicious, just spicy enough with a tangy marinara sauce. There were three meatballs in the whole sandwich - they were huge! I think if I were to order this sandwich again, I would grab one of the plastic knives and cut the meatballs up a little bit first to make it easier to eat. The sandwich's bread was fresh and had a crispy exterior, and overall it was a delicious and very satisfying sandwich. Definitely worth all the hype!

What You Should Do: I would absolutely recommend trying out Moochie's Meatballs, though I may say you should either wait until the weather warms up a little bit or plan on getting it to go. The inside of the restaurant is absolutely tiny, and although they have expanded some seating into the small building next door, it can get full very quickly. If you go during an off-hour, you should be fine, and even with the large number of customers, the service was very quick. I definitely will be back to try some of their other sandwiches, and hopefully they will be just as good as the meatballs!
Read other reviews here:
Moochie's Meatballs & More on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I'm a faithful follower, and you haven't steered us wrong yet. (Well, Mama Chus was just OK for us, but we are extremely picky about our Mexican Food.) Anyways, any ideas for Thanksgiving Dinner? We're going out this year.

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I love to cook too so I've never gone out for Thanksgiving, but I saw on Facebook the other day that Old Towne Grill is doing a Thanksgiving dinner (https://www.facebook.com/oldtownegrill) -- their menu looks pretty delicious!

      Delete
  2. Love Moochies! I think the meatball sub is good there. The cheesesteak is the best especially with the jalapeño sauce. Their fries with their own special fry sauce are amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have to go back and get a cheesesteak sandwich with jalapeno sauce! I dream about that sandwich. So good!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...