Navigation

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

AUBERGINE & COMPANY

Where: Aubergine & Company, 1365 S State Street, Orem

Who Went: Chelsey, Owen, Kierea

Number of Visits: 2

What We Ordered: Falafel Pita, Dream Salad, Açaí Bowl

What It Cost: $23

What We Thought: 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE! There are so many times when I am just wayyyyy too lazy to want to cook dinner (especially in the hot, hot summer), but I don't want the typical heavy food at restaurants. This place FINALLY offers a generally healthy menu that isn't totally boring. And man, is it good! 


First up, the sandwiches. They start out with a homemade whole wheat pita, which is absolutely delicious, and then you can choose a main protein options (we've always chosen the falafel, but they have chicken and other meats as well) and whatever fillings you like to go inside! The setup is kind of Cafe Rio-style, where they make the sandwich right there in front of you in a tasty little assembly line, and you can specify how much you want of each add-in. They have a lot of Greek choices, such as hummus, baba ganoush, roasted eggplant, tabbouleh, marinated tomatoes, kalamata olives, etc. I love Greek food because so much of it is healthy and flavorful, and Aubergine & Company really makes the most of this! A perfectly filling, healthy, and über delicious meal.


I ordered the dream salad, and I have to admit...I haven't ordered anything else for myself here because I love this salad so much! It has spinach, romaine, chicken, green apples, red onion, parmesan, walnuts and a cilantro/jalapeño dressing. And yes, I probably could make it at home. But sometimes you just don't want to get out all of the ingredients, go through the effort of chopping everything up and washing all the dishes (yeah, I'm lazy I know). And I love how they chop the whole salad up right there for you, mixing in the dressing so it's all perfectly mixed (a pet peeve with salads at most restaurants) and incredibly fresh. At first I thought the cilantro/jalapeño dressing would be weird with the apples and everything, but it is SO GOOD. Honestly, their other salads look incredible as well, and if I could justify it financially, I would seriously eat here every day.


Finally, the açaí bowls. Basically, healthy ice cream-ish dessert in a bowl. With fresh fruit. And happiness. Açaí is kind of an acquired taste, but they keep it pretty mild in most of their bowls, so basically everyone with taste buds will seriously enjoy this. The base is like a thickened berry smoothie, and this one was topped with freshly sliced strawberries, banana, and almonds. They have topping and base choices, and they all sound seriously delicious. For those who have been to Hawaii, I have been told that they don't really taste as sweet as the ones on the island, but my sources also say they are very similar to ones you can get in Brazil. So there's that. Either way, they are dang good.

What You Should Do: Go Go GO GO GO. I can't recommend this place enough. Every time I walk away, I feel perfectly satisfied and just happy. This is happy food. Good food. Please, eat here!
Read other reviews here:
Aubergine & Company on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...