Navigation

Friday, August 22, 2014

CHEDDATRUCK

Where: CheddaTruck, Food Truck

Who Went: Chelsey, Owen and the Interns

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Ole' Faithful Burger, Mother Hen Burger, and The Nasty Burger

What It Cost: $8 per burger

What We Thought: 

And the food truck details continue! I wonder how these food trucks will survive during the winter....do they just shut down until summer comes around? If anyone has details on this, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Anyway, I've been wanting to try CheddaTruck for a while now, since they park overnight across the way from my house and I looked at their menu online....it's pretty exciting. Let's just say, one of the burgers is served on a Krispy Kreme doughnut (to be tasted...)


I was not feeling quite so incredibly gluttonous this day, so I went with the Mother Hen burger, which is still pretty intense! Okay, it's really intense. A burger, served on an English muffin, with bacon, muenster cheese, a fried egg, sriracha aioli, and a spring mix of greens. Wowza. It was TOTALLY worth all of the calories I saved up all day! The English muffin was a little small to hold it all in, so it was totally messy, but the flavor of the muffin went great with the breakfast twist of eggs & bacon, and the sriracha aioli was mild, but still interesting enough to give it some pizzazz. The muenster was a nice salty cheese, which was balanced by the greens, and this thing was just a few moments of messy burger happiness.


Owen got the Nasty, which has braised onions, pepperjack cheese, sriracha buffalo sauce and tarragon dressing. Here I got to try the CheddaTruck's regular bun, which was fresh and heavenly. MAN THIS PLACE MAKES GOOD BURGERS. This one was spicy and just plain awesome.


Finally, we tried the Ole' Faithful, which is their basic, "traditional" burger (with braised onions, roasted tomatoes, and the tarragon dressing of course). It was of course fabulous. Hands down, one of the best burgers I've ever tried, and definitely the best one I've ever had from a truck! The regular burger was amazing, but how could you ever get a traditional burger when you have choices like these:

The Green Mile Burger - Mac & Cheese, Roasted Peppers, Bacon, Whole Grain Mustard

The Hipster "Burger" - Brat Haus Veggie Patty, Roasted Tomatoes, Brie, Corn Pudding, Arugula

Kill Me Softly Burger - Bacon, Blue Cheese, Arugula, Cranberry Gastrique, and Krispy Kreme Donut Bun


What You Should Do: Meet me down at the Provo Food Truck roundup, where you can try these guys, and a bunch of other fun places! The roundup is every Thursday from 5-9 at the Startup building in Provo (near the FrontRunner station). Just follow the lines of cars :) But it's so worth it! I definitely recommend trying the CheddaTruck, and you can follow them on Instagram to get updates on where they will be throughout the day!

2 comments:

  1. Pardon me while I go get a paper towel to wipe up the drool on my keyboard. These burgers look incredible! The Mother Hen has my name alllllll over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG IT IS! You have to try them! I literally want to try EVERY burger on their menu, even the veggie ones!!

      Delete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...