Navigation

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Red Mango

Where: Red Mango Frozen Yogurt, 297 E University Parkway, Orem

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: 2 regular-size yogurts: Original Yogurt with brownie bits and Newman-O's, White Peach Yogurt with blueberries and jelly bobas

What It Cost: $10.66

What We Thought:



Oh, the fro-yo trend. "Healthy" ice cream? Maybe not, but it is certainly delicious. We've been Yogurtland die-hards over here for the past few months, but when we tried to go there one night, it was so incredibly packed that we gave up and decided to try somewhere new. I was interested in Red Mango Frozen Yogurt because I had heard some people say how great it was, and some people call it "the expensive yogurt place." Why would anyone pay more than 40ish cents/ounce? I needed to know.

When we got there, I immediately liked the warm atmosphere and we were helped relatively quickly. Of course, there weren't many other people there, so I'm not sure how the customer service is on a busy day. I was a little disappointed that they only had three flavors of yogurt to try - I'm used to the 10 or more flavors of normal places. Owen went with the plain yogurt and got some chocolate-y toppings to go with it (we wanted to see if their original flavor tasted weird with chocolate, like some places do), and I got the white peach yogurt with my favorite little popping bobas. Seriously, if you've never tried these things, you really should. They are like little fun flavor explosions in your mouth! Definitely the most fun food item I've eaten recently. We both ordered regular sizes, and I was pleased to see that they were actually pretty big - I would probably get a small next time. I was a little disgusted that it cost $1 for the first topping. "This stuff IS expensive!" I thought, so we each only got two toppings (which they serve for you, you don't really get to pick the amount you want. Fortunately they were pretty generous). When they rang up our order, I was surprised to find that the total cost actually wasn't that much more than what we spend at any other yogurt place! Sweet!



We went to sit on the couches by the fireplace (kind of fun in the wintertime), and took our first few bites. Wow. This was definitely the best quality frozen yogurt I've ever had. The white peach flavor was amazing - creamy, smooth, and such a crisp delicious flavor. I only let Owen have a tiny bite of mine because I honestly did not want to share any of it, it was so good. The blueberries were all fresh and sweet, and I realized why people might go to Red Mango. Owen's original flavor was also wonderful. The plain yogurt complimented the chocolate flavors nicely, and he was more than satisfied with the Oreos and brownie flavors.

What You Should Do: Go! But not if you are the type of person who loves to load on lots of different kinds of toppings or mix flavors. If you like clean, basic and simple flavors, or usually order heavy toppings (like strawberries and other fruit), then Red Mango may be the best shot for you. The yogurt itself is amazing, and even though they have few flavors, they are delicious ones. If you like to mix 1/4th oatmeal cookie, 1/4th chocolate milkshake, 1/4th cake batter, and 1/4th red velvet plus Reese's, coconut, Kit Kat bars, Oreos, and caramel syrup for your frozen yogurt treat (maybe I've done that before...who knows...), then you'd be better off going to Yogurtland or somewhere else.


Read other reviews here:
Red Mango on Urbanspoon


1 comment:

  1. I love fro-yo and ice cream and this one looks so yummy and sweet! How I wish my Concord dentists allow me to eat as much as I want my I can't because of my recent dental treatments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...