Navigation

Thursday, March 8, 2012

In-N-Out Burger

Where: In-N-Out Burger, 350 E University Parkway, Orem

Who Went: Chelsey & Family, Chelsey and Owen

Number of Visits: 3

What We Ordered: Regular, Animal Style and Protein Style Cheeseburger, Regular and Animal Style Fries, Chocolate Milkshake


What It Cost: Around $10-15 for 2 people


What We Thought: 


Here is me on my very first ever trip to In-N-Out burger --


Don't judge me too much (I'm the one with the burger, I know, my sister and I look SO similar...), I was only 17. It was on a family trip to Disneyland, and it was back when it was really cool to go to In-N-Out burger (unless you live in California or something), and I even bought a shirt and everything. Honestly, I don't remember the food from when I went there, all I remember is that I felt super awesome about the visit.

Fast forward to today...In-N-Out burger is now found practically on every street corner, and despite their speedy service, has drive-through lines that extend all around the parking lot (even on Sundays! Here in Utah!), and pretty much everyone has been there at least once.

Sadly, I just can't hop on the In-N-Out bandwagon anymore. Sure they are cheaper than a lot of other burger places, but I don't think that they are all that great. The coolest part about In-N-Out used to be their "secret menu" - if you knew the lingo, you could order options that didn't appear on the main menu. But now they've posted the not-so-secret menu onto their website, and everyone can get their food Animal or Protein style without having to do any inside work. Lame.

snagged from the In-N-Out website
 There are no more secrets, no more special trips needed, and really, no more excitement for me with this place. The burgers are average, the shakes are better than normal (but with super limited flavor options), and the fries are just weird. They taste too starchy and stiff, and even if you order them with cheese (nasty nacho cheese, nothing close to JCW's) or cheese and grilled onions, they simply are not the greatest fries of all time. If I'm going to totally blow my recommended calorie consumption for the day, I want to make it worth it.

What You Should Do: Go if you have to. But maybe try to make it something a little more special and travel to one of the original sites, some say the food is better than their newer chain locations. And if you're into the whole secret menu thing, try checking out some of the lists for Jamba Juice! I haven't found a super complete list yet (none of them have my favorite flavor, Berry Lime Sublime), but it's fun to look around and try new kinds that no one knows about!

Read other reviews:
In-n-Out Burger on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? You gave negative reviews to both In N Out AND Red Robin?? I just don't know what to say, Chelsey. Next, you're going to tell me you don't like chocolate or happiness... I'm seriously dumbfounded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm totally a loyalist to In-N-Out, so my point may be invalid, but "nasty nacho cheese"!? The cheese is definitely fresh slices melted on top of the fries, made to order. ALSO, it isn't as exclusive (which does make me sad too) so what!? I think that you are a pretentious food blogger who feels the need to take down In-N-Out because everyone else loves it without YOUR opinion.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...