Navigation

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shirley's Homemades Bakery

Where: Shirley's Homemades Bakery, 684 N Freedom Blvd, Provo

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Bear Claw Doughnut and Danish

What It Cost: ~$5

What We Thought: 


Let's be honest -- baked goods are given that name for a reason. They are good. Who doesn't love butter + sugar all rolled up into a pastry or bread product? Besides Gwyneth Paltrow of course.

Shirley's Bakery was our first ever breakfast out together, and we kept it pretty basic. I ordered the bear claw doughnut, and thought it was one of the best glazed-type doughnuts I've ever had. It was fresh and not too sickly sweet, and was quite large as well! Owen loves danishes, and he was more than satisfied with his choice. Sometimes danishes have that crunchy, dried-out glaze with some sad frosting on top, but none of those vague vending machine memories are found here (I'm not admitting anything here...).

What You Should Do: You should go. I keep wanting to go back there and try other things, but I already warned you about my breakfast issues earlier. Things on my to-try list include the rolls (supposedly the BEST for Thanksgiving) and the cinnamon rolls. As long as there are NO raisins in the cinnamon rolls. Raisins + cinnamon rolls is a serious abomination in my eyes.

Read other reviews here:
Shirley's Homemades on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. So, I just ran across your website today, thanks to Pinterest. Although I currently live on the other side of the world, when I return to the US, we often make a visit to UT county (husband's family). I anticipate us trying some of your reviewed locations.

    Now, for my two cents about Shirley's. I am not sure if you have been back since your initial visit a year ago, but you mentioned both the rolls and cinnamon rolls. Those are my two favorite things from Shirley's, and I have had my share. Back in the day, I had a roommate who worked there. Definitely get rolls, even just to eat on a road trip, and get not only the cinnamon rolls but the "sweet rolls." You can pre-order them (the day before) to make sure they are not out. They usually fly off the shelves early in the morning. I usually order a variety dozen. They have 4 flavors (orange, cinnamon, blueberry, raspberry) and they will make a dozen with 3 of each. You can choose vanilla or cream cheese frosting as well. Both delicious, but I prefer the cream cheese. Here's to serious carbs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...