Navigation

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Slab Pizza

Where: Slab Pizza, 669 N 800 N, Provo

Who Went: Chelsey & Owen

Number of Visits: 1

What We Ordered: Fennel Sausage + Chèvre Slab, Chile Verde Slab

What It Cost: $12.93

What We Thought: 


I never thought that I would say this, but I think that The Slab may be my new favorite pizza place.

People, this is a big deal.


And BIG pieces of PIZZA!

When The Slab first opened, I have to admit, I was quick to judge. I thought that it was just going to be your typical, cheap-o, super greasy Little Caesar's-esque pizza place where students would go just to eat and be full on a tight budget.

Oh, how wrong I was.

We went there for dinner on a Thursday night around 5:30, and were met with friendly and relatively fast service. Some people have complained that it is a little slow, but they have to wait until 4 people have ordered because you literally get a quarter of a whole pizza that they make up for you right then and there.

When our pizzas arrived, I couldn't believe how huge they were. And for only $6! We actually both ordered flavors that were the most expensive price, but they have your traditional flavors for only $4/slab, and many other delicious options for $5. Such a great deal.

But it wouldn't be a great deal if it was disgusting or skimpy on the toppings, right? Fortunately for us, and every BYU student, neither of these things were true! Owen's Chile Verde pizza was LOADED with delicious, juicy seasoned pork (I couldn't believe how much meat there was!), and if you're thinking that Mexican food on a pizza sounds horrible...be prepared to be proven wrong! It was amazing and delicious!  Other Slab customers have commented that they didn't like the crust, but I found it thin and sturdy enough to hold all the toppings, but still soft and complemented the pizza well.



Fennel sausage, goat cheese, and kalamata olives? You don't see that on a cheap pizza every day! It was amazing. The sausage was plentiful and flavorful, and I loved the smooth, rich consistency of the chèvre. This is the pizza of my dreams, everyone. So so so good.

What You Should Do: Go right now! It is a little hard to find parking since it is so close to BYU campus, but you could probably even walk there (especially if you live south of campus). It is a fantastic price, and I can't get over how many different flavor options they have! Here are a few that I am looking forward to trying next: Buffalo Wing, Fire, Thai Chicken, Rosemary Potato + Bacon, Breakfast (!!!!), Red Curry Pulled Pork, Chicken Cordon Bleu...and the list goes on!

Read other reviews here:
SLAB Pizza on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. The rosemary potato bacon pizza is excellent! I love Slab Pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE slab pizza. The crust is my absolute favorite... its thin, crispy, chewy, and has amazing flavor. I cant say the same about brick oven. I always get the real Hawaiian and my wife gets the chicken bacon ranch

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...